How do I maximise my score? What's berserk mode? Do dragons have a weak spot? Why does Herb talk like a New York cabbie? Discover the answers to these questions here. Except for that last one. Nobody knows, and Herb gets touchy when you ask him.
- to move
- to look around
- to attack
- + to evade
- to pick something up
- to use a potion
- or to block
- to read Fallen Hero Notes
- to see the menu
- Time three sword strikes well to do a 3-hit combo. Your sword will glow when it’s time to strike.
- The third strike of a 3-hit combo does massively increased damage.
- If the third strike of a 3-hit combo connects with an enemy you’ll also get some health back.
- Defeating an enemy starts a timer. If you kill another enemy before the timer runs out, you start a kill chain.
- Each link in your kill chain multiplies your score.
- When your kill chain reaches 5, you’ll enter berserk mode, and you’ll get a speed and damage boost.
- While in berserk mode, maintain and increase your kill chain for as long as you can.
- Break all the grass, boxes, and pots you encounter. Some contain gold which is good for score. Some contain potions, which will help you through each chapter.
- When your health gets low, a potion icon will flash above your head. Pay attention and use a potion quickly!
- When on a suspended platform like a bridge, try to stay away from the sides – these structures have been known to give way, especially during combat encounters.
- Don’t be afraid to block — your shield will stop any damage from enemies while you’re using it.
- Environmental items and traps can be used to help defeat some enemies, however, if you don’t strike the final blow yourself, you won’t get the points!
- Playing with a friend will give you double the attack power…
- ... but you share potions and no extra ones are given. Co-operation will be needed to ensure you both survive!
- If you hold the attack button, your sword will start to glow and charge up. Release it when fully charged for a powerful attack.
- The more enemies you defeat in a row (i.e. the longer your kill chain is), the more points you’ll score.
- Each link in the chain multiplies the score for a kill by the number in the chain.
- Big enemies give big scores, so if you can leave them till later in your chain, you’ll get more points.
- Try to clear an area without breaking your chain to maximise your score.
- Collect all 5 treasures in a chapter to get a big bonus in 'Here for Glory' mode.
- Complete a chapter without dying in 'Here for Glory' mode to get a big score bonus.
- In 'Here for Glory' mode you get a score bonus for finishing the chapter quickly.
- Many have attempted the journey and failed. Luckily, they had time to jot down notes for you before they succumbed. Can you find all 50?
- Dragons breathe fire, which you can block with your shield.
- Dragons are armed with a shield and sword.
- Dragons are weak to attacks from behind, so roll around them while they attack to hit their weak spot.
The Dreams User Guide is a work-in-progress. Keep an eye out for updates as we add more learning resources and articles over time.