At Media Molecule we believe in making Dreams a fun and safe experience for all of our players around the globe. We (and our amazing moderation team at Sony) uphold PlayStation® Community Code of Conduct for all the content and communication in Dreams and we're constantly impressed by how supportive, kind and helpful our community continues to be.
Below, we've outlined the community guidelines for Dreams and what to do if you need to report another user or a piece of content. We'll also cover copyright and how to ensure your content isn't reported.
We’re working on a system for players to be able to identify their content as mature so it is clear to all players what kind of content they may be engaging with. We’ll have more information on this down the line.
First and Foremost
Be good! Dreams thrives because of the wonderful community supporting it. Whether you're playing, using indreams.me or interacting in Media Molecule's social spaces, please keep in mind that words, images or ideas that you might not find offensive might be quite offensive to someone else. Help us create a place where people want to share and feel supported when they do. A great community starts with you and makes the Dreamiverse amazing for everyone.
You can help keep the Dreamiverse a great place to be by reporting abuses of the community content guidelines. Reported content is subject to review by Sony's moderation teams, who can remove inappropriate content and take moderation action against the offending account. The moderated account will be notified of the violation and specific details of the ban can only be shared with the account owner. Consequences of violating the content guidelines can include, but are not limited to:
- Suspension of publishing privileges
- Removal of offending content
- Termination of access to Dreams
- Suspension, termination, or permanent ban of your account.
You can report content in-game using the menu with the “!” icon that you'll find at the top right of the screen when viewing the cover page of a piece of content or under any comment in the Dreamiverse. Simply disliking a piece of content is NOT grounds for reporting, so please only report content that violates the community standards. Abusing the grief reporting process is itself a violation of our community standards, so the above consequences can also apply to anybody our moderators find are misusing the grief report tool.
Visitors to the Dreamiverse are expected to follow our community standards. For reference, below are some examples of conduct that violates our standards and may result in moderation. We may also moderate or remove content deemed inappropriate by the moderation team, regardless of if it appears on the list below.
- Personal information. Your own personal information is best not shared in public spaces, for your own protection. Additionally, sharing of personal information of others, including through any comment or message posted in-game, forums, personal posts or additional social channels is never allowed. Personal information includes:
- Full name
- Home or other address
- Telephone number
- Social security, passport, or national identity number
- Other personally identifiable information.
- Harassment and cyber bullying. This is never acceptable in our community. This area includes stalking, bullying, intimidation, humiliating other players and sexual harassment.
- Child endangerment.
- Hate speech or actions. Dreams does not permit discrimination. This includes discrimination based on:
- Race or ethnic origin
- National origin
- Religion or religious affiliation
- Disability or disease
- Gender, gender identity or sexual orientation
- Veteran status
- Impersonation and defamation.
- Threats of violence or harm.
- Sexual content or overly violent content.
- Dangerous, unethical and illegal activities.
- Hacking, reverse-engineering, or modifying the game or game code to cheat, bypass or disable security, or to use, copy, or distribute the game in any unauthorized manner.
- Phishing, spam and scams.
- Terrorism, Nazis or gang activity.
- Instructions for engaging in self-harm, or engaging in violent activities, including bomb- or weapon-making.
- Criminal activity.
- Illegal drugs.
We get lots of questions about copyright, creative commons, public domain and fair use. It's a complicated topic and often the laws are different depending on where you live. The safest approach is to not make things inside Dreams that you know were created by someone else. Yes, this includes pretty much every game, character, song, etc., that you know. Copyrighted content belongs to the original author, who has the right to request that PlayStation® take down anything that replicates their content in Dreams if they wish. If we receive such a report, the infringing content will be removed from the Dreamiverse, and you'll lose all the time and effort you put in to making that content.
If you are a copyright holder and want to report a violation, you can do that at copyright.indreams.me.
The Dreams User Guide is a work-in-progress. Keep an eye out for updates as we add more learning resources and articles over time.