1. What are the Dreams Content Usage Terms for?
- We want you to be able to use Dreams to bring your creations to life. This means we’ve updated our rules to allow you to use some of your creations outside of Dreams in certain scenarios. The Dreams Content Usage Terms set out our rules on when you can use your creations outside of Dreams.
2. What content can I use outside of Dreams?
- In order to use your creations outside of Dreams you need to ensure that any creations are original and solely created by you. This means that if you used someone else’s creation in your own work, you will need their permission if you want to use it outside of Dreams for your intended purpose.
- Your creations outside of Dreams must also meet the following:
- Comply with the PSN Code of Conduct(opens in new tab),
- Comply with our Community Guidelines; and
- not include or incorporate any ‘MmOfficial creations’, ‘MmDreamQueen creations’, or any other content created by Media Molecule unless permitted by the DCUT (see sections 3 and 4 of the Dreams Content Usage Terms for full details).
3. Can I use Media Molecule made content in my work?
- You can use content from the following collections (“Music Clips”, “Remix Parts”, “Mm Instruments” and “Mm Sound Effects”). However, you cannot use any other content created by Media Molecule outside of Dreams, which includes any content created under the MmOfficial or MmDreamQueen accounts.
4. Can I post music I’ve made in Dreams to streaming services?
- Yes you can! Any original music made in Dreams can be posted to music streaming services, as long as you are the original creator or have full permission from the original creator to use for the intended purpose.
5. Can I create clothing/prints/other merchandise using my Dreams content?
- Yes you can! You can use your own original art made in Dreams for creating merchandise outside of the game, as long as you are the original creator or have full permission from the original creator to use for the intended purpose.
6. Can I use other creators' original content outside of Dreams?
- Only if you have obtained the other creator’s consent to use for your intended purpose. Much like the creations that you make in Dreams, each user has their own rights (called intellectual property rights) in the creations that they make. This means that if you use someone’s creation outside of Dreams without their permission, you may be infringing their intellectual property rights.
7. What happens if you notice someone is using your original creation outside of Dreams without your consent?
- You will need to reach out to that individual to discuss use of your content. You may also be able to request a takedown of infringing content using the reporting/takedown tools available where the content has been made available.
8. Can you assist in obtaining permissions from other creators to use their original Dreams content for my projects outside of Dreams?
- Unfortunately, we will not be responsible for facilitating or obtaining any necessary consents, waivers or permissions from other creators or third parties to use their original Dreams content for your projects outside of Dreams.
9. How old do I need to be in order to use my original creations for projects outside of Dreams?
- You need to be aged 18 or over.
10. Do I need to accept any terms in order to use my creations outside of Dreams?
- Yes. Before you can use your content outside of Dreams you will need to accept the Dreams Content Usage Terms in-game. You can find a copy of the Dreams Content Usage Terms for your reference here.
11. Does this update affect any existing agreement I have per the beta evaluation?
- No. If you signed up to the Beta Evaluation and your project was accepted by us, those terms still apply to that specific project. However, from 12th July 2023, we will no longer be accepting new applications to the beta evaluation programme. For any new applications (or applications that have been submitted but not accepted by us yet) you do not need to contact us to use your content outside of Dreams, provided you have accepted the Dreams Content Usage Terms and comply with its requirements.
12. Does this cover creations I’ve made in Dreams if I use crowdfunding platforms (Patreon/Kickstater etc.)?
- Yes, provided you accept and comply with the Dreams Content Usage Terms and your work complies with the PSN Code of Conduct you can use the work you’ve created outside of Dreams.
13. If I have any questions regarding use of my Dreams content outside of the game, where should I direct these?
- Reach out to us! We’re available on social media, as well as via the official Dreams forums. Our team will try to answer your questions.
The Dreams User Guide is a work-in-progress. Keep an eye out for updates as we add more learning resources and articles over time.