For this final major update to Dreams, we’re reintroducing the Audio Importer to indreams.me! The Audio Importer lets you import, via indreams, audio recorded outside of Dreams (voice lines, original music, etc.) for use in your creations.
For those of you familiar with the Importer, it works pretty much the same as it did pre-server migration. We’ll detail any changes below, while explaining how to use it for those who have joined us over the last few months. Elsewhere in this update, our QA team have been hard at work addressing some of the issues raised over the last couple of months. As always, a huge shout out to our server and QA teams!
You’ll need to download this new update in order to reconnect to Dreams servers. If you have any issues with downloading the update, reconnecting to the Dreamiverse after the download if complete, or encounter any other issues as a result of the update, please let us know by submitting a support ticket.
Dreams Audio Importer
Import audio created outside of Dreams into your creations, whether it’s a few lines of dialogue or even a particular sound effect. It’s accessible to all dreamers of level 30 or higher, via indreams.me/import/audio.
While the main functionality of the Importer remains the same, there are a few differences:
- When ready to import audio in Create Mode, open Sound Mode, head into Tools and turn on Audio Import as seen below. Now on indreams.me, click Send to Dreams, and the audio will appear on your imp.
- Dreamers are now only limited to the amount of audio that can be imported at any one time. This limit increases with your dreamer level, starting at 15 seconds for levels 30-59, then 20 seconds for levels 60-89, and finally 30 seconds for levels 90+. In order to import more, just start a new session on the import page.
With this update, the Sound Mode’s Sound Recorder (used to record audio directly into Dreams via a microphone) is now available in offline mode as well as when connected online.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed - photos would not upload when the user attempted to reupload after initially cancelling the upload.
- Fixed - users could delete the creation they were currently working on by accessing the cover page via the Limits Info page.
- Fixed - the game would freeze when saving a Collection that contained a creation which mistakenly has no cover icon or an unplayable Scene.
- Fixed - the Dream Queen’s voice-over audio would not play for new users when they are in her Homespace.
- Fixed - a Collaboration invite would get lost if a user has received over 128 notifications after receiving the invite.
- Fixed - the translated names for the Most Popular playlist were not displaying correctly.
- Fixed a number of crashes to improve the stability of Dreams.
- Added Tren and A Long Climb Ago to the Dreams by Media Molecule playlist for users accessing Dreams offline.
The Dreams User Guide is a work-in-progress. Keep an eye out for updates as we add more learning resources and articles over time.