Hey, dreamers! This update is the first in a series where we’ll be making iterations, additions and improvements to various aspects of Dreams’ create mode! We’re starting out with a small selection, but we’ve been hard at work on plenty of changes, and we’re so excited to get this first batch out to you. We know create mode is overdue for some TLC, so we hope you find these changes meaningful, useful and exciting! As always if you encounter any issues after downloading this update, please head to forums.indreams.me(opens in new tab) and let us know.
- Subtitle Options - We’ve added the ability to select the colour of the subtitle text and background in the My Preferences menu, as well as adjust the opacity of the subtitle background.
- New Health Manager Damage Multiplier Tweak - Added a new tweak to the Health Manager, allowing for management of how much health is affected by Health Modifiers (e.g. reduce the amount of damage if a character has armour).
- Fog Range and Sun Brightness Improvement - We’ve increased the maximum Fog Range up to 50,000m with this update, and the maximum Sun Brightness to 1000% (previously this was 200%).
- Teleporter Ordering - A new tweak has been added to the Teleporter, allowing for creators to choose which Teleporters to activate first when there are multiple in one frame.
- Keyframe Purpose Feedback - Added a visual identifier to inform when a Keyframe is ‘empty’ - meaning it is not currently linked to anything in the scene.
- Sun/Sky Gizmo - The rod on this gizmo is now grabbable, so you can rotate the sun without the risk of changing how far along the rod it is.
- Switch - The name of a Switch will now scroll if named something longer than is viewable. Previously, this text would be truncated. Additionally, a visual change has been made to the gadget icon to show when it’s in an ‘on’ position.
- Grid Snap for Timelines - Added a Timeline Snap button to Timelines, separating this from the Grid Snap found in the Guides menu. The Grid Snap option in the Guides menu no longer affects Timelines, as they can each have their own individual setting. Consequently, while previously Timelines set to “Beats” would always snap to the nearest beat or bar, with the Timeline Snap toggle there can now be free movement of Timeline elements.
- Grid Snap Usability Improvement - Objects keep their orientation when held by the user with Grid Snap on and the camera is rotated.
- Timeline Sidebar Changes - Creators can now press to return all solo’d and/or muted rows to their original state. Simply hover over a mute or solo button and press . Also a minor visual change helps better differentiate between which rows are solo’d.
- Timeline Frame Number - When zoomed in significantly on a Timeline, the time bar will automatically switch from seconds to frame numbers.
- Reduce Most Detailed - It actually works! With this update, when using the Sculpture Detail tool, you’ll be able to use + to automatically find the most detailed sculpture in your scene and reduce its detail.
- Thermometer More Details - The More Details button for the Thermometer will now display usage up to 2 decimal places, allowing for more precise information.
- Font Number - Added a number indicator to the Font selection tweak. Note that numbers represent internal font ID’s, so are not in ascending order. Additionally, some fonts are unavailable in certain regions, so there may be spaces between numbers.
- Blocked Creations – Blocked creations are now marked when provided as a search result.
- Welcome Home Quest Prizes - If a user has deleted local save data and returned to the homespace, they will now be able to unlock the Welcome Home prizes again.
- Link creations in descriptions - You can now link to other creations by adding a creation’s ID into your creation’s description or your profile page. To do this, go to the “Send To…” button of the creation you want to link, and then click on “view on indreams.me”. The creation ID, which is 15 alphanumeric characters, will be displayed at the bottom of the page. Type this into any creation’s description or your profile page, making sure to preface it with a slash ‘/’, to directly link to it in-game.
- Fixed: A bug where irrelevant creations can skew results of Community Jams, as seen in the Word Jam.
- Fixed: A bug where a user can be recommended a tutorial for motion controllers, even though they had never used motion controllers.
- Fixed: A bug where collection description and title would leave empty space in the text box.
- Fixed: A bug where Step 5 of imp gameplay in tutorials would not proceed when using stick controls.
- Fixed: Various UI and text overlap visual issues.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
If you’ve encountered an issue in Dreams that you’ve yet to see in our bug fixes list, please do let us know by heading to indreams.me/support and our team will investigate!
The Dreams User Guide is a work-in-progress. Keep an eye out for updates as we add more learning resources and articles over time.