Howdy, Dreams CoMmunity! How y’all doin’, pardners? Ok, yes, enough of the incongruous cowboy-speak, moving on… Welcome to update 2.22, otherwise known as The Import’nt Update because, yes, the Dreams audio importer is here and ready to be taken for a spin. We’re bringing this tool back to Dreams in a brand-new form, allowing you to import audio files via indreams.me for use in your Dreams creations. This is a very exciting addition, and we’d like to say thank you for being patient as we’ve put the finishing touches on it. As with all things Dreams, we’ll be on the lookout for feedback to help evolve and iterate, so please do head to indreams.me/support to submit feedback and report any naughty bugs you may find.
For more on how we got here, what to expect, and links to the user guide and how-to videos, head to our indreams audio importer blog.
But that’s not all! I know, right? We do spoil you. For a rundown on what else to expect from this update, read on…
- Indreams.me Audio Importer: A new feature allowing dreamers to import audio from outside of Dreams into the game, for use in their creations. Head to our blog for more info. The importer also has its very own page in Dreams Workshop, where you’ll find the user guide, which has a full rundown of the features available and how to use them, and… AND… some handy how-to videos!
- Audio Limits: With the arrival of the Audio Importer, we have now introduced audio upload limits. Head to the blog or the user guide for an explanation of those.
- Message of the Day Update: We’ve added QR code support to our Message of the Day system, meaning you’ll occasionally find a QR code there to take you elsewhere, outside of Dreams, like indreams.me perhaps.
- Latest Version Collections Prompt: A prompt will now appear on screen that points the player towards the latest version of a creation contained in a Collection.
- New Boot Image: For half the world, it’s springtime! The birds are singing, the sun is (starting) to shine. For the other half? Autumn is in the air! Our latest boot image for Dreams is the perfect reflection of the season, no matter which part of the world you’re in!
- Similar Creations: We’ve removed the Similar Creations tab from the cover page of a creation. Searching while in edit mode will also no longer display similar creations.
- Fixed a bug where users were unable to delete local saves after receiving a full save message.
- Based on player feedback, we’ve changed the language used in the notification when a creation of yours has been added to a Collection. This will make it clearer that this is what’s happened.
The Dreams User Guide is a work-in-progress. Keep an eye out for updates as we add more learning resources and articles over time.