Don’t say we didn’t warn you - Create Mode TLC#4 is here, folks! Ever since showcasing our sticker tech during DreamsCom ‘22, we’ve been so excited to get it into your hands! We can’t wait to see what you do with it. Sticker round (see what we did there?) to find all the details about the ins-and-outs of 2.51 below, with the help of our new Patch Test Dummy, TESS, who will be showing you the ropes when it comes to using new features!
As always, please do let us know of any issues you encounter when playing and creating in Dreams on our forums(opens in new tab)! You can also leave us suggestions for future Create TLC updates.
You’ll need to download this new update in order to reconnect to the Dreams servers! If you have issues with downloading the update, or reconnecting after the download is complete, please let us know by submitting a support ticket.
- Sticker Mode: New tweak in the Text, Dialogue and Number Displayers. It projects text set to In Scene onto surfaces, making use of the corresponding surface material, lighting, depth of field, etc.
- Weighting in the Randomiser: New tweaks for the Randomiser which specify how likely each output is to activate in a randomisation relative to the rest.
- Emit Light From Glow - Always: New tweak for paintings which allow them to emit light from Glow even when they're not visible (0% opacity)! You can use this for all sorts of interesting lighting effects!
- Fixed - a creator could sometimes delete an object that was too big to fit into the Undo buffer, with no warning given. This fix also reduces the size of certain Undo operations, so the Undo buffer should now be able to store more entries before becoming full.
- Fixed - live cloning visuals would sometimes show a colour tint for the wrong clone groups.
- Fixed - a Trigger Zone set to Everywhere would not display correctly when in front of a timeline/microchip.
- Fixed - alignment tweaks on the Text Displayer would be greyed-out when text was set to In Scene, despite the tweaks still having an effect in this case.
- Fixed - animation wires shown with the Invisible Connections filter would sometimes cause the gadget to have the incorrect size, or floating ports.
- Fixed - it was sometimes difficult to snap a gadget to the surface of paintings with few flecks.
New Boot Image
This month’s boot image comes courtesy of Media Molecule’s newest graphic designer, Harry Flanagan! It certainly sets the scene for the upcoming All Hallows’: The Land of Lost Dreams, this year’s Halloween event in Dreams! You can learn more about what we have in store by reading our blog!
The Dreams User Guide is a work-in-progress. Keep an eye out for updates as we add more learning resources and articles over time.