Here we are! Dreams is launching (squeeeeee!) and we're rolling out this update to get everything just tickety boo, for you. This is one of the biggest updates we've shipped for Dreams, it's jam-packed with improvements to the game across all areas.
However, the trouble with shipping a video game is that it's an incredibly busy time, when everyone is rushing around trying to do a million things at once. This means we've not actually written down all the things that made it in to this update. We know what they are. Of course we know what they are. We absolutely, definitely know what all the changes are - because we made those changes, lovingly and with care. We just wrote them down in a hurry. So for this momentous update, please know that there are there are many changes and they're not all listed here. So here we go, please enjoy!
- Art's Dream - Our story mode is now available in all its glory in Dreams. We really hope you enjoy our very personal little genre-hopping tale of a morose jazz musician on a journey of self-discovery.
- New kits - There are great new creator kits to get your hands on, packed with assets to create with. There's a kit for Art's Dream with a fantastic selection of assets from our story adventure ready to use in your own content, plus there are themed kits for Welcome Home and Ancient Temple.
- New language support - Dreams can now be enjoyed in an additional 8 new languages. Read it and weep! That is, read it in Arabic, Chinese (Traditional), Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian and Spanish (Latin America). Plus, six of these also include voiceover support for selected video content.
- New tutorials - There's so much learning to be done that we've packed in loads more tutorials covering more topics than you can shake a wireless controller at.
- Trophies - Yes, you love them. We love them. Now we can all love them together. They come with some beautifully crafted icons too, so your PlayStation® activity stream will soon be looking much more colourful with all your hard-won Trophies popping up all over the place.
- New Imp Quests - Just in case Trophies were not enough, there's new Imp Quests too!
- How-To Videos - More great tutorial content, with this new video series which details techniques for creating everyday useful things.
- New: A control scheme for create mode which uses the left and right sticks rather than the motion sensor function.
- New: Additional controls and display settings for create mode.
- New: Introduction to the homespace and onboarding flow.
- New: Plenty of visual polish.
- New: Camera Bookmarks (OMG these are the BEST!)
- New: You can now toggle the "Made in Dreams" watermark on or off in preferences.
- Updated: Updated the layout of DreamShaping.
- Updated: Better thermometer tools for profiling your levels, including heatmaps.
- Updated: Video library / workshop.
- Updated: Checkpoint / respawn redesign.
- Updated: Emitters iteration.
- Updated: Audio preferences.
- Updated: Puppets procedural animation and walk cycles.
- Updated: Gadget colour consistency pass.
- Updated: Fog range.
- Updated: Improved stacked selection and movement for audio strokes.
- Updated: Localised audio envelopes.
- Updated: Scoreboard iteration.
- Updated: The option to default to stamp rather than smear in sculpt mode.
- Updated: Sky flecks on slider.
- Updated: A great many changes to puppets.
- Updated: Option to reset or not the variables when resetting level.
- Updated: ALL the new options, especially textures, for Text Gadget.
- Updated: You can now make a single solid colour sky.
- Updated: Imp sound on death checkpoint removed, also tweaked faders.
- Updated: Scoreboard ordering changes (we're not sure if this made it into Early Access).
- Fixed: BUGS! Lots of them. So many there are just too many to mention here.
The Dreams User Guide is a work-in-progress. Keep an eye out for updates as we add more learning resources and articles over time.